3051 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: (202) 232-4400
For visas, passports, immigration matters
Tel: (202) 274-7992
Consular and Immigration Services phone numbers:
- Passports: 202-274-7974 and 202-274 -7983
- Visas and Permits: 202-274-7994 and 202-274- 7985
- Consular after hours “EMERGENCY” phone number: 202 229 4182
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
- Question: Do I need a yellow fever certificate?
Answer: Only applicants who previously travelled to countries that have yellow fever are required to submit the certificate.
- Question: How many empty pages do I need to have in my passport?
Answer: At least one empty page must be reserved for stamps at the port of entry.
- Question: What is the acceptable validity of passport to enter South Africa?
Answer: Passport MUST be valid no less than 30 days after the expiry of intended visit.