- Where: Atlas Performing Arts Center – The Lang Theatre 1333 H Street NE Washington, DC 20002
- When: March 29—April 30, 2017
- More information: http://www.mosaictheater.org/blood-knot
“Dreams Deferred: Crossing Continents and Cultures with A RAISIN IN THE SUN”
by The Laboratory for Global Performance and Politics
- Where: Georgetown University Gaston Hall, Healy Hall 3700 O Street, NW Washington, DC 20057 View Map
- When: Mon, March 27, 2017
- Time: 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM EDT
- Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dreams-deferred-crossing-continents-and-cultures-with-a-raisin-in-the-sun-tickets-31756043180
The classical ballet will be performed during the week-long Ballet Across America series
- Where: Kennedy Center Opera House
- When: April 19-21, 2017
- Read more:Madiba at Kennedy Center
- Buy a ticket: http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/event/BRBSF
“For over 50 years, South Africa’s Ladysmith Black Mambazo has warmed the hearts of audiences worldwide with their uplifting vocal harmonies, signature dance moves and charming onstage banter”
Ladysmith Black Mambazo burst upon the international music scene with the Graceland Tour, also featuring Paul Simon, Miriam Makeba & Hugh Masekela
- When: March 14, 2017
- Where: The Birchmere, 3701 Mt. Vernon Ave., Alexandria, VA 22305.
- Time: 7:30 PM
- Tickets are available now at: http://www.ticketmaster.com/ladysmith-black-mambazo-alexandria-virginia-03-14-2017/event/15005152A348276B or call 800-745-3000.
- Tour Dates in the USA: http://www.imnworld.com/tour_dates/for_artist/24/Ladysmith-Black-Mambazo
The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
February 15, 2017
Readout of the President’s Call with President Jacob Zuma of South Africa
President Donald J. Trump spoke this week with President Jacob Zuma of South Africa to discuss ways to expand cooperation and trade between the United States and South Africa. President Trump highlighted the strong bilateral trade ties between the two countries and expressed interest in identifying new, mutually beneficial opportunities for trade. President Trump also suggested that the United States and South Africa do more to collaborate on shared security interests, including the fight against terrorism. Both leaders agreed to continue dialogue on these priorities and find ways to deepen the bilateral partnership.
- When: President’s Day Weekend, February 16-20, 2017
- Premier Day: Thursday, February 16, 10 am– 6 pm
- Show Days: Friday, February 17—Monday, February 20, 10 am–6 pm
- For show information, please visit: http://www.strictlysailmiami.com/
Grace Naledi Mandisa Pandor, who has used science and technology to support development in South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa, has been chosen by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) to receive the 2016 Award for Science Diplomacy…..
- Full Announcement: 2016 AAAS Science Diplomacy Award Announcement Final
- Media Center: ‘Who Killed Piet Barol?’ by Richard Mason:http://knopfdoubleday.com/2017/01/05/media-center-who-killed-piet-barol-by-richard-mason/
- The South African Embassy in Washington, DC will be closed Friday January 20, 2017 for Inauguration Day and will reopen and resume normal operations on Monday 23 January, 2017.
One of South Africa’s most celebrated musicians and cultural activists, Vusi Mahlasela is a guitarist, singer-songwriter, and poet but is known simply as “The Voice in his South African homeland”
- When: February 16, 2017
- Where: The Hamilton 600 14th St. NW Washington, DC 20005
- Full tour dates here: http://vusimahlasela.com/tour
- Buy tickets for an upcoming Vusi Mahlasela 2017concert near you: .http://www.songkick.com/artists/278757-vusi-mahlasela