Deputy Chief of Mission
Ms Yoliswa Mvebe
Minister Plenipotentiary/Deputy Chief of Mission
- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
- The South African Embassy in Washington DC will no longer accept $16.00 fee but prepaid envelope from FedEx and USPS with tracking number with immediate effect to facilitate return services.
There Are Currently No Positions Available
The Embassy of South Africa cannot arrange tours of the White House for South African citizens. The US Department of State has advised us that, at present access for foreign citizens to White House tours as part of an Embassy-sponsored public tour group, is on hold. We are therefore unable to process any requests at this time.
We will post an update to the website immediately if conditions change.
- Notice: End-of-year 2018/2019 Office Closure
- Notice: Voter registration for South African citizens living abroad in February 2019
- Notice: Embassy Closure on Wednesday 5 December, 2018
- Celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday with South African Airways’ sale of the season to Africa. From $699*
- Notice: Thanksgiving Holiday Embassy Closure.