- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
- The South African Embassy in Washington DC will no longer accept $16.00 fee but prepaid envelope from FedEx and USPS with tracking number with immediate effect to facilitate return services.
The White House website advised that nationals from foreign countries interested in a tour of the White House should request their Embassy in Washington DC to arrange a tour. However, the US State Department requires that foreign nationals be accompanied by the most senior diplomats. Unfortunately, due to the strict requirements, time and resources compulsory for these tours, the Embassy is not in a position to arrange White House tours. Those interested may wish to take a virtual tour of the White House here.
Alternatively, visitors may also consider a tour of the US Capitol Building (https://www.visitthecapitol.gov/plan-visit) and the Pentagon in Washington DC. Requests for visiting the US Capitol Building can be submitted up to three months in advance and no less than 21 days prior to the visit. For a tour of the Pentagon (https://pentagontours.osd.mil/) visitors may request tickets from 14 days up to 90 days prior to the tour. Visitors’ passports are required for entry. There are also many museums to visit in DC and they are free of charge.
The Embassy of South Africa cannot arrange tours of the White House for South African citizens. The US Department of State has advised us that, at present access for foreign citizens to White House tours as part of an Embassy-sponsored public tour group, is on hold. We are therefore unable to process any requests at this time.
We will post an update to the website immediately if conditions change
South African Airways Travel Update
- Winternational Embassy Showcase
- (no title)
- 16 DAYS OF ACTIVISM FOR NO VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND CHILDREN
- South African Airways Travel Update
- The 11th Annual South African Bazaar: “One-of–a-kind” Holiday Gifts. South African Art, Stunning Beaded Crafts, Zulu Baskets, Jewelry, Home Décor and SA Wine Tasting”