Subscribe to the Global South Africans e-letter
- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
The Consular section is Relocated Back to Massachusetts Avenue, Embassy Row, as of 24th of March, 2014
30 51 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC, 20008
- There are currently no vacancies available at this time
The Embassy of South Africa cannot arrange tours of the White House for South African citizens. The US Department of State has advised us that, at present access for foreign citizens to White House tours as part of an Embassy-sponsored public tour group, is on hold. We are therefore unable to process any requests at this time.
We will post an update to the website immediately if conditions change.
- A Special Evening with Cirque du Soleil. Proceeds from ticket sales will support young people in the USA and South Africa. Wednesday August 17, 2016
- “Art from South Africa: Showcasing Passion, Humanity and Diversity”
- The South African Embassy in Washington DC commemorated Nelson Mandela International Day on Monday 18th July.
- South African Airways honoured with Skytrak “Best Airline in Africa” Award for 14th consecutive year.
- Peace Train Youth Choir’s Tour culminates with major concert on the grounds of the Washington Monument, National Mall, at Sylvan Theater, Washington DC . July 17, 2016
- Demo Africa sheds light on investing in startups
- South Africa welcomes back Olympic heroes
- Africa's 2016 Olympic winners
- National Development Plan's Vision 2030 gets a new-look logo
- South Africa's new plug standard explained
- Q and A with few of South Africa's influential women
- South African female authors share their journeys
- South Africa's top women gather
- Video: Must watch Tedx Talks of inspiring South African women
- Researcher honoured for drought forecasting tool