Subscribe to the Global South Africans e-letter
- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
The Consular section is Relocated Back to Massachusetts Avenue, Embassy Row, as of 24th of March, 2014
30 51 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC, 20008
- There are currently no vacancies available at this time
The Embassy of South Africa cannot arrange tours of the White House for South African citizens. The US Department of State has advised us that, at present access for foreign citizens to White House tours as part of an Embassy-sponsored public tour group, is on hold. We are therefore unable to process any requests at this time.
We will post an update to the website immediately if conditions change.
- Mafikizolo USA Tour 2016. Live in DC/MD Concert. 7 October, 2016
- Miss South Africa USA Pageant, “A night of Elegance and Entertainment”. 10 September, 2016
- A Special Evening with Cirque du Soleil. Proceeds from ticket sales will support young people in the USA and South Africa. Wednesday August 17, 2016
- “Art from South Africa: Showcasing Passion, Humanity and Diversity”
- The South African Embassy in Washington DC commemorated Nelson Mandela International Day on Monday 18th July.
- WEF raises South Africa's global competitiveness ranking
- Collaborative efforts at CITES CoP17 in South Africa
- Rebellion and celebration in Mali's music
- Why does South Africa celebrate Heritage Day?
- Rest in peace Mandoza: Kwaito 'top dog's' greatest moments
- Remembering Zakes Mokae, South African star of stage and screen
- Tarkwa Bay: Africa's hidden surfing gem
- Brand South Africa CEO: 'Successful brands should be authentic'
- Q&A with South African women rappers
- Dilemma, apartheid's lost film