Subscribe to the Global South Africans e-letter
- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
Listen to Ambassador Ebrahim Rasool’s remarks at the unveiling of Nelson Mandela statue.
Listen to Ambassador Ebrahim Rasool, Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA), ranking minority member of the House Africa subcommittee, Nicole Lee, President of TransAfrica, and Deputy Chief of Mission Johnny Moloto, brief media on plans for Mandela Day in the US.
The Consular section is Relocated Back to Massachusetts Avenue, Embassy Row, as of 24th of March, 2014
30 51 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC, 20008
There are no job openings at this time.
The White House is currently not accepting tour requests.
We will let you know here if this changes.
Thank you for your understanding.
- The South African tennis champion Kevin Anderson has confirmed playing in the DC Citi Tennis Open July 26th to August 3rd.
- You are cordially invited to Celebrate South Africa’s Cultural and Natural Beauty at “KAG Lotus and Water Lily Festival”. Saturday 19 July, 2014
- The Embassy of South Africa in Washington DC will be celebrating the Nelson Mandela International Day on the 18 July 2014
- Notice: “ The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has provided a grace period to allow children to travel without unabridged birth certificates, until 30 September 2014.
- Disney’s The Lion King returns to Kennedy Center Jun. 17 – Aug. 17, 2014
- South Africa looks into national minimum wage
- South Africa to benefit from EU trade pact
- Scheepers runner-up in Swedish Open
- South Africa moves to unlock 'blue economy'
- Mandela Day: 'thank you' to all who took part
- Sharks win, face Crusaders in Super Rugby semis
- World champ Fanning wins J-Bay Open
- Proteas in excellent test win over Sri Lanka
- South Africans at the frontier on Play Your Part TV
- Renovating hope at Simunye High School