Subscribe to the Global South Africans e-letter
- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
- The South African Embassy in Washington DC will no longer accept $16.00 fee but prepaid envelope from FedEx and USPS with tracking number with immediate effect to facilitate return services.
There Are Currently No Positions Available
The Embassy of South Africa cannot arrange tours of the White House for South African citizens. The US Department of State has advised us that, at present access for foreign citizens to White House tours as part of an Embassy-sponsored public tour group, is on hold. We are therefore unable to process any requests at this time.
We will post an update to the website immediately if conditions change.
- Condolence book for Mrs Zondeni Veronica Sobukwe, “The Mother of Azania” of the Republic of South Africa.
- South African Singer and songwriter “Zahara” will perform at the “Bethesda Blues & Jazz Super Club” on Friday, 24 August, 2018
- Notice: The South African Embassy will be closed on Thursday 9th August, 2018.
- Get ready to see one of the world’s best tennis players. The South African tennis champion Kevin Anderson has confirmed playing in the DC Citi Tennis Open.
- Condolence book for Ambassador Billy Modise, former Chief of State Protocol of the Republic of South Africa