Subscribe to the Global South Africans e-letter
- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
Listen to Ambassador Ebrahim Rasool’s remarks at the unveiling of Nelson Mandela statue.
Listen to Ambassador Ebrahim Rasool, Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA), ranking minority member of the House Africa subcommittee, Nicole Lee, President of TransAfrica, and Deputy Chief of Mission Johnny Moloto, brief media on plans for Mandela Day in the US.
The Consular section is Relocated Back to Massachusetts Avenue, Embassy Row, as of 24th of March, 2014
30 51 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC, 20008
There are no job openings at this time.
The White House is currently not accepting tour requests.
We will let you know here if this changes.
Thank you for your understanding.
- You are cordially invited to Dr. Karen Walwyn’s “Of Dance and Struggle”: A Musical Tribute to the Life of Nelson Mandela for Choir, African Drums, Dance, Solo Piano, and Narration performed by the Suitland High School Choir directed by Mr Kenneth Boucher. 15 January, 2015
- Remembering the life and times of Mandela. 5 December, 2014
- National Press Club Honors Ambassador Rasool
- “The challenge to us today is to reconstitute a middle ground of good people, distinct from all extremisms, but whose very existence threatens extremism”
- You are invited to a “Carrol Boyes Trunk Show”. 13 November, 2014
- Welcome home, Rolene
- Hi-tech boost for fight against rhino poaching
- Vlogging the South African story
- 'Significant progress' for SA's nuclear programme
- SA makes 'intensive investment' in infrastructure
- Building a nation takes time, Zuma tells SA
- 16 December: a day to learn from the past
- International agencies affirm South Africa's ratings
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: a visual quiz
- SA's Rolene Strauss crowned Miss World