Subscribe to the Global South Africans e-letter
- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
The Consular section is Relocated Back to Massachusetts Avenue, Embassy Row, as of 24th of March, 2014
30 51 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC, 20008
There are no job openings at this time.
The Embassy of South Africa cannot arrange tours of the White House for South African citizens. The US Department of State has advised us that, at present access for foreign citizens to White House tours as part of an Embassy-sponsored public tour group, is on hold. We are therefore unable to process any requests at this time.
We will post an update to the website immediately if conditions change.
- The South African Embassy in Washington DC commemorated Nelson Mandela International Day on Monday 18th July.
- South African Airways honoured with Skytrak “Best Airline in Africa” Award for 14th consecutive year.
- Peace Train Youth Choir’s Tour culminates with major concert on the grounds of the Washington Monument, National Mall, at Sylvan Theater, Washington DC . July 17, 2016
- South Africa will be present at the 2nd World University Netball Championship! July 13 – 17th, 2016. MIAMI USA
- Spotlight: Ambassador of South Africa to the U.S., Mninwa J. Mahlangu
- Debunking the myth of violent crime in SA
- HIV and Aids: How to get treatment and support in South Africa
- Mandela miniseries filming in South Africa
- Go on safari with South African ranger and vlogger
- Download: Guidelines for good business practice in Africa
- SKA South Africa unveils 'First Light' image from outer space
- Pan-African passport launched at AU Summit
- Naomi Ruele: Botswana's Olympic medal swimming hopeful
- Team SA for Rio Olympics 2016 announced
- African punks: 5 bands you should be listening to