South African Embassy
Passport DC 2013
As part of Passport DC 2013, the South African Embassy will open its doors to be graced with you presence. We will provide you with a truly South African experience. From our peaceful transition to democracy after generations of apartheid and the building of a inclusive new order anchored in a constitution hailed as one of the world’s most progressive, to being selected as the site for the largest radiotelescope ever conceived, the Square Kilometer Array, South Africa is constantly Inspiring New Ways.
Ours is the largest and the most diversified economy on the African continent.
In 2012 we hosted what was widely judged to the most successful and well organised FIFA 2010 World Cup to date. While global tourism grew by 4 per cent in 2012, South Africa saw tourist arrivals expand by 10.5 per cent. Come and let us share with you what makes South Africa the country to visit. From the beautiful landscapes, world class cities and extraordinary wildlife, to that most important commodity of all — the warmth of our people.
Our participation in Passport DC 2013 will showcase South Africa’s unique blend of possibility, sustainability, diversity, creativity and humanity, or, as we call it, ubuntu. Come and enjoy our culture, art, crafts, music, wine and cuisine and learn more about the extraordinary opportunities we offer for trade and investment.
- When: Saturday 4 May, 2013
- Time: 10:00am- 4:00 pm
- Where: Embassy of South Africa at Intelsat Building, Lobby
3400 International Drive NW
Washington DC, 20008
- Directions to: INTELSAT BUILDING
- Fee: This event is free. All are welcome to attend.
- link to DC Culture and Heritage: http://www.culturaltourismdc.org/passportdc
Program (10h00 to 16h00)
- Wine tasting: 10h00-16h00
- A taste of South African cuisine: 11h00-15h00
- Meet and greet with Ambassador Rasool: 12h00-14h00
- Cultural dance performance by Lesole’s Dance Project: 12h00-12h15 *13h00 -13h15 * 14h00-14h15
- Traditional South African song by Nkosini Ntuli: 15h00-15h10
South African Embassy- Passport DC 2013 is brought to you in Partnership with: