Payments that have already been made:
- Please note that for everyone that has already made their payments to SAA for a flight and has their proof of payment as well as the biometric page of their passport to Mr Msiza (Msizas@Dirco.gov.za) and Ms Moleko (MolekoF@dirco.gov.za), these are being received and processed as per the guidelines given to the Embassy by SAA for each passenger.
- Current SAA ticket holders: SAA is giving credit to tickets already issued.
Issuance of tickets:
- Please note that the issuance of all tickets is being done exclusively by SAA and not the Embassy.
- Please be informed that all those who registered with either the Embassy or its Consulates (Chicago, Los Angeles and New York) by Monday, 27 April 2020 have already been cleared by DIRCO and Home Affairs, and their information has already been sent to SAA.
- At this stage, the Embassy has no control over how the allocations will be made by SAA and the respective dates of travel for everyone. The Embassy has urgently requested this list from SAA so that we may directly contact everyone and inform them of their travel itinerary.
- Flight scheduled 2 May is now full.
- All new payments being processed as of today, 1 May, are for the flight on 3 May.
- Flight scheduled for 4 May 2020 has now been moved to 9 May 2020.
Many of you are struggling to get through via the phone lines and email responses, this is due to the high volume of emails and calls currently being received, we are trying our best to get to everyone- in an effort to assist us do this please do not send multiple emails on the same issue if you have already done so.
We thank you for your continued patience during this time and we are still working hard to ensure that everyone gets assisted and home.
Please continue to route communications as per norm through the Embassy/ Consulate Contact Person where you registered.
Los Angeles: NepfumbadaA@dirco.gov.za