Office of the Ambassador
Ambassador Mninwa Johannes Mahlangu
Ms Lynn Crossley
Third Secretary: Administration
- There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. However, If you plan to visit the Embassy for consular services, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.
The Consular section is Relocated Back to Massachusetts Avenue, Embassy Row, as of 24th of March, 2014
30 51 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC, 20008
The South African Embassy in Washington is currently accepting applications for employment opportunities:
- The Embassy of South Africa in Washington DC is seeking, for a full time position, a highly motivated professional to provide Secretarial and electronic research services for the Political Department.
Read more: SECRETARY – Announcement 2017
- The Embassy of South Africa in Washington DC is seeking to fill the position of Maintenance Officer with immediate effect to provide general maintenance to all the Mission’s owned and leased facilities.
Read more: MAINTENANCE- Announcement 2017
The Embassy of South Africa cannot arrange tours of the White House for South African citizens. The US Department of State has advised us that, at present access for foreign citizens to White House tours as part of an Embassy-sponsored public tour group, is on hold. We are therefore unable to process any requests at this time.
We will post an update to the website immediately if conditions change.
- Notice: Inauguration Day Office Closure
- Legendary South African singer songwriter Vusi Mahlasela, will perform at “The Hamilton”, Washington DC.
- The South African Embassy in Washington is currently accepting applications for employment opportunities:
- Bokamoso Tour back in Washington DC. January 7 to February 8, 2017
- South African Airways gives the gift of Africa for the Holidays. Unwrap Low Fares for Travel in 2017 from $660.00* (restrictions apply)
- South African hearing app grows its reach
- Ayanda Bandla, ambassador for the future
- Thandi Klaasen 1931-2017
- Infographic: Do’s and Don’ts of Recycling
- Responsible leadership the agenda at Davos
- South African matric is accepted at Harvard University
- South African blogger’s #CarseatFullstop campaign brings results
- South Africa’s message to the world from Davos
- South Africans going to WEF in Davos
- Leaders gather for 47th World Economic Forum in Davos