Areas of Jurisdiction
Embassy of South Africa is responsible for the states of Alabama, Arkansas, District of Colombia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands and Wisconsin.
Visa Applications requirements
- STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (no walk-in). Appointments will only be accommodated Mon-Thurs between 09h30-12h30.
- No visa is required for USA passport holder for (90) days or less tourism/business visit.
- Lodging and confirmation of appointments: firstname.lastname@example.org (Email must include travel date, purpose of travel and intended duration of stay in RSA).
- Visa telephone enquiries: +1 (202) 528 2874, Mon-Thurs between 14h00-16h00 and Friday 14h00-15h00.
- For more information, visit Application requirements and Forms
- Ensure that all supporting documents for visa application are ready before requesting an appointment
- Applicants must bring confirmation of appointment when lodging application
- A passport shall have at least two unused pages when presented for purposes of endorsing a port of entry visa or entry or departure stamp.
- The period of validity of passport shall not be less than 30 days after the foreigner’s intended date of departure from the Republic of South Africa.
- Anyone who was declared Undesirable person when departing the Republic must submit a written representation for the waiving of undesirability to email@example.com.
Book an appointment:
(For Visa Applications only!)
Notice to Applicants:
There are no parking facilities for the public at the Embassy, although street parking spaces sometime can be found nearby. If you plan to visit the Embassy, please plan to arrive by public transportation or drop-off.