Thank you for visiting our official website, we hope you will find the information useful, whether you are planning to visit South Africa or are interested in remaining current with the activities of the South African Embassy in Washington DC.
The Mission is committed to inculcating the spirit of Ubuntu and the “Batho Pele” (People First) principles, in the provision of its services; which is reflective of our country’s values of putting humanity central to all that we do. South Africa is open for business and continues to provide a wealth of opportunities for those looking at investing in an emerging market that boosts a stable democracy, incredible infrastructure and world class financial systems.
We remain a premier destination for tourism and always welcome an opportunity to welcome you to our country of beautiful scenery, wildlife, beaches and amazing climate. What is more important however is that you will meet culturally diverse South Africans, waiting to welcome you to our rainbow nation!
Should you need more information, I encourage you to reach out to me and my team through our provided contact details, which you will find on this website.
Ambassador Mninwa Mahlangu
South African Embassy in the United States of America
“One-of–a-kind” Holiday Gifts. South African Art, Stunning Beaded Crafts, Zulu Baskets Jewelry, Home Décor, Traditional attire”
- Where: Silver Spring Civic Building
Ellsworth Room/ One Veteran Plaza
Corner of Fenton Street & Ellsworth Drive, Silver Spring Maryland.
- When: Saturday, November 5 2016
- Time: 10:00 am-6:00 pm
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FREE ADMISSION
Expanded brochure features a portfolio of over 70 vacation packages to Africa
- Read the Media Statement: south-african-airways-vacations-introduces-the-2017-collection-brochure
Featuring Zandy Shejay & other Top African DJs and the hottest music
- Where: Cococabana 2031-A. University Boulevard East. Hyattsville, MD
- When: Fri, Oct 7, 2016, 9:00 PM
- Contact for details: 202-372-5138 or 240 994 9602
- Where: The Fraser Mansion, 1701 20th Street NW Washington DC 20009
- When: Saturday 10 September, 2016
- Time: 5:00 PM -10:00 PM
- For more information call: (202) 681-6277
- Where: Under the Grand Chapiteau at Lerner Town Square at Tyson ll
- When: Wednesday , August 17, 2016
- Time: 7:30 PM
- To purchase your tickets please visit: www.zipzapcircususa.org
- Where: Yellow Barn Gallery at Glen Echo Park, MD
- When: August 5th, 6th and 7th, 2016
- For more information: Art from South Africa PDF for exhibition publicity
In partnership with the USA Chapter for 67 Blankets, the South African Embassy honored Nelson Mandela Day. The goal to encourage people in the USA to make and donate 670 blankets by 18 of July 2016, was surpassed with blankets received before and throughout the event.
Ms. N. Luti, Deputy Chief of Mission, led the event and the coordinator for 67 Blankets for Mandela Day, Ms. Veronica Buzby presented the blankets to the Central Union Mission and the Homeless Children’s Playtime Project.
Approximately 200 guests attended the Nelson Mandela Service Day. There was a performance by Sharon Katz and the Peace Train, who are currently touring the United States.
Fort Lauderdale, FL (July 13, 2016) – South African Airways (SAA), the national flag carrier of South Africa and Africa’s most awarded airline, has been named, “Best Airline in Africa” by Skytrax for the fourteenth consecutive year. The award was presented to SAA at the Skytrax World Airline Awards ceremony during the annual Farnborough Airshow in England on July 11th….
- Read the full media release: South African Airways Honored with Skytrax Best Airline in Africa Award for 14th Year – July 13 2016
The Peace Train choir of more than 100 young voices from communities across America will present a multicultural concert of music and dance at the Sylvan Theater on the grounds of the Washington Monument. The last stop on the Peace Train Across America’s multi-city tour, the concert culminates months of rehearsals and workshops designed to foster unity and peace among diverse groups.
- When: July 17, 2016
- Time: 12 noon -4:00pm
- Where: The Sylvan Theater on the grounds of the Washington Monument.
- For more information visit: http://getonthepeacetrain.org/
- Free admission