Thank you for visiting our official website, we hope you will find the information useful, whether you are planning to visit South Africa or are interested in remaining current with the activities of the South African Embassy in Washington DC.
The Mission is committed to inculcating the spirit of Ubuntu and the “Batho Pele” (People First) principles, in the provision of its services; which is reflective of our country’s values of putting humanity central to all that we do. South Africa is open for business and continues to provide a wealth of opportunities for those looking at investing in an emerging market that boosts a stable democracy, incredible infrastructure and world class financial systems.
We remain a premier destination for tourism and always welcome an opportunity to welcome you to our country of beautiful scenery, wildlife, beaches and amazing climate. What is more important however is that you will meet culturally diverse South Africans, waiting to welcome you to our rainbow nation!
Should you need more information, I encourage you to reach out to me and my team through our provided contact details, which you will find on this website.
Ambassador Mninwa Mahlangu
South African Embassy in the United States of America
The Bokamoso Youth Foundation invites you to an evening of traditional South African Music at the Embassy of the Republic of South Africa.
Bokamoso Tour 2019 Schedule : http://www.saembassy.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-Bokamoso-Performance-Flyer-Rev-2Front.pdf
The South African Embassy in Washington will be closed from Monday 24 December, 2018 and will reopen and resume normal operations on Wednesday 2 January, 2019.
The Embassy will be closed Thursday, March 21 in observance of South African Human Rights Day holiday.
Normal office hours will resume Friday, March 22.
- Kindly note that in light of the United States of America mourning the loss of President George H W Bush, President Donald Trump has issued an Executive Order to close Federal Offices and excuse all Federal employees from duty on Wednesday, 5 December 2018. Based on this decision, the Embassy will also be closed and will resume normal business hours on Thursday, 6 December 2018. Thank You
“Our lowest fares of the year from $699* round-trip from New York and Washington, DC to Africa for Winter and Spring travel”
South African Airways (SAA), the national flag carrier of South Africa, is offering tremendous savings with special fares from the U.S. to destinations in Africa for 7-days only over the Thanksgiving holiday. Low fares are offered from Washington, DC-Dulles International Airport and New York-JFK International Airport to Johannesburg, South Africa starting from $699.00* round-trip….
- Read the SAA media release: Celebrate The Thanksgiving Holiday with South African Airways’ Sale of the Season to Africa
- Kindly note that in lieu of the Thanksgiving Holiday the Embassy will be closed from 12:30 on Wednesday, 21 November 2018 and will resume normal business hours on Monday, 26 November 2018. Thank You
- When: Thursday, November 15th 2018
- Time: 11am – 2pm (Luncheon will be served )
- Venue: Buckhead Club 3344 Peachtree Road N.E. -Suite 2600 Atlanta, GA 30326
- RSVP: Wednesday , Nov 14th 2018, 12-pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dress Code: Business Attire
- Very Limited Space!!
Mr. Malose Letsoalo, Minister: Economic at the Embassy of South Africa will be available for one-on-one meetings. If interested, kindly request a meeting in your RSVP.
Reaching the $100 Billion Mark:
“LGBTI Inclusive Investment in South Africa”
In early 2018, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa appointed a team of business and finance experts to attract $100 billion in investment to boost the South African economy over the next 5 years. As the first event during Global LGBTI Business Week, a panel of experts from the private sector, government, academia, and PLUS: The LGBTI+ Business Network in South Africa will discuss how these sectors can work to make this investment inclusive of LGBTI business owners and LGBTI people.
- When: Tuesday November 13, 2018
- Time: 6:30 pm-8:00 pm
- Where: Embassy of South Africa: 3051 Massachusetts Avenue NW Washington DC 20008
Where do you want to go?
Trips, experiences, and places. All in one service
- Merchantry Worldwide: https://www.merchantry-worldwide.com/mandela-at-100